After Experiencing CM10.1 on your Devices, many of you might want to taste AOKP which is a renowned ROM. It has much more options for customizations than CyanogenMod and it is also much faster than it. So you all must try it. This amazing work has been done by the main member Of Kang Xperia project team, championswimmer. So here are the Screenshots followed by Installation Instructions.
- CM10 Bugs
Optional: Download any supplemental 3rd-party applications packages for the device you wish to use. (You have to install a 3rd-party app to get the Google apps, like Gmail, Play Store, and Youtube.)
- Extract the boot.img from the zip, you will need this file for fastboot.
- Put the phone into fastboot mode:
- Open a terminal on the PC and enter the following:
- While the device reboots, press the Volume rockers a few times to load recovery.
- Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the physical volume buttons to move up and down. On most devices, the power button is used to confirm your selection, although for some devices the power button is used as a "back" button to go up one level, in which case the home button is used to confirm the selection.
- Select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the AOKP file you placed on the sdcard. You will then need to then confirm that you do wish to flash this file.
- Once the installation has finished, return back to the main menu, and select the reboot system now option. The Xperia Z should now boot into AOKP.