Many ROMs are not being developed for Xperia J but the Roms which are developed for it are awesome. Recently a new Rom named Shendu OS has been ported by lozohcum, a Senior Member in xda. It is a good alternative to MIUI. All of the J users must try it. It is also a battery friendly Rom, so anybody who wants to keep his mobile's battery saved for a long time should give a try to this Rom.
- Download the ROM zip from here
- Extract the boot.img from the zip, you will need this file for fastboot.
- Put the phone into fastboot mode:
- Open a terminal on the PC and enter the following:
- While the device reboots, press the Volume rockers a few times to load recovery.
- Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the physical volume buttons to move up and down. On most devices, the power button is used to confirm your selection, although for some devices the power button is used as a "back" button to go up one level, in which case the home button is used to confirm the selection.
- Select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the CyanogenMod file you placed on the sdcard. You will then need to then confirm that you do wish to flash this file.
- Once the installation has finished, return back to the main menu, and select the reboot system now option. The Xperia J should now boot into Shendu OS.
- Enjoy the new UI!!
- DISABLE PIN PASSWORD BEFORE INSTALL THIS ROM, OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK!
- BE SURE TO HAVE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED!!