Many new Roms are being developed for Xperia Z and once more a new Rom has been successfully developed for Xperia Z. This is Carbon ROM and it gives us a lot of customization feature and this is also ultra smoth which is fully AOSP based and moreover it also has awesome looks. This has been developed by krabappeal2548, a Recognized contributor/Developer in Xda.
So First, lets know what is Carbon ROM?Heres its description by its developers:
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.It has some features of AOKP as well as Paranoid Rom. You al must try it.
Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.
Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, @FXP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.
Optional: Download any supplemental 3rd-party applications packages for the device you wish to use. (You have to install a 3rd-party app to get the Google apps, like Gmail, Play Store, and Youtube.)
- Extract the boot.img from the zip, you will need this file for fastboot.
- Put the phone into fastboot mode:
- Open a terminal on the PC and enter the following:
- While the device reboots, press the Volume rockers a few times to load recovery.
- Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the physical volume buttons to move up and down. On most devices, the power button is used to confirm your selection, although for some devices the power button is used as a "back" button to go up one level, in which case the home button is used to confirm the selection.
- Select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the CyanogenMod file you placed on the sdcard. You will then need to then confirm that you do wish to flash this file.
- Once the installation has finished, return back to the main menu, and select the reboot system now option. The Xperia Z should now boot into CarbonRom.
- Enjoy!! the new UI.